*Congressional Reform Act of 2012*
1. No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman
collects a salary while in office and receives no pay
when they are out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates
in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional
retirement fund move to the Social Security system
immediately. All future funds flow into the Social
Security system, and Congress participates with the
American people. It may not be used for any other
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement
plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay
raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of
CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care
system and participates in the same health care
system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they
impose on the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present
Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12. The American
people did not make this contract with Congressmen.
Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves.
Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The
Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so
ours should serve their term(s), then go home and
back to work. If each person contacts a minimum of
ten people (if you send to twenty people it will only
take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to
receive the message). Maybe it is time.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.